ONE EIGHT DISTILLING
MARKETING & EVENTS COORDINATOR
Location: Northeast DC
Start Date: Now
The Marketing & Events Coordinator will be responsible for implementing and managing marketing strategies as well as events hosted at the distillery and elsewhere in DC. As part of a small start-up, the Marketing & Events Coordinator must be willing to work flexible hours and wear many hats, including: managing promotional materials, tracking marketing activities and budgets, organizing promotional events, building relationships with area businesses, pursuing and evaluating sponsorships, writing email newsletters and other social media outlets, assisting sales staff with sales strategies and events, all while complying with relevant federal, state and local regulations. The position involves occasional evening hours and some half days on Saturday.
- Manage day-to-day operations of marketing and promotions.
- Coordinate development of all marketing collateral and manage vendors.
- Manage creative content creation, including website design.
- Track performance for all marketing programs and activities.
- Manage social media and media relations.
- Interact closely with all members of One Eight in marketing, sales, production, and operations
- Manage the flow of marketing information to all external contacts.
- Coordinate marketing activities and events at the distillery
- Support sales team for regional events and sponsorships.
- Be a role model for the company culture.
- Ensure the organization is always presented in a positive light.
- Show the capacity to assume more significant executive responsibilities over time.
· Experience in the restaurant/beverage industry in Washington, DC
· Experience in marketing/advertising, including the creative use of social media
· Demonstrated abilities in event organization and promotion
· Should have ability to multitask, work independently, as well as in a team environment.
· Experience negotiating with and managing third party vendors
· Willing to work some long hours, including Saturdays and occasional evenings
· Outgoing personality with a passion for craft spirits
· Minimum of a Bachelors Degree
· Working knowledge of MS-Office – especially Excel
One Eight Distilling is named for Article One Section Eight of the Constitution, which among other things provided for the establishment of a district to serve as the nation’s capital. Our passion to build a distillery came from a desire to produce the finest spirits from grain to glass all within Washington, DC. We seek to continually make connections between people and our spirits, to use locally sourced ingredients, and to pay our respects to the time-honored traditions of distilling while bringing innovation and love to every bottle we fill.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references here.
No phone calls please.
One Eight Distilling will not discriminate and will take "affirmative action" measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of age, race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.