TASTING ROOM MANAGER NEEDED
One Eight Distilling LLC is seeking a full-time Tasting Room Manager to join our team. We are a spirits distillery located in NE Washington, DC. Become a part of a vibrant small business rapidly becoming a force in the craft distilling industry. The Tasting Room Manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the distillery tasting room as well as general managerial responsibilities.
Job Description: The Tasting Room Manager will work with our CEO and Marketing & Events Manager on all aspects of the business but with a focus on tasting room operations and office management. As part of a small start-up, the Tasting Room Manager must be willing to work flexible hours and wear many hats, including continuing to develop an in-house cocktail program, tending bar, organizing tasting room promotions, managing tasting room staffing needs, helping to create promotional materials, managing tasting room inventory and supplies, and assisting marketing and events and sales staff with sales strategies and events. The position involves regular evening hours and weekend hours.
- 3 years experience in the restaurant/beverage industry in Washington DC, including bartending experience, required
- Management experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated abilities in event organization and promotion strongly preferred
- Proven ability to work with little to no supervision and be able to follow directions is essential
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Willing to work some long hours, including weekends and regular evenings
- Outgoing personality with a passion for craft spirits is essential
- Creatively develop industry connections and build tasting room programs to attract customers
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, POS, and office management software a plus
- Ability to lift, carry, pull or push up to 50lbs
This position offers the possibility of additional responsibilities in the future.
The applicant will be subject to a criminal background check and credit check. We are accepting applications until the position is filled. If interested, please submit a cover letter, your résumé, 3 references, and salary requirements.